Australian Truss Tomato Galette Tart
- 4-5 Australian Truss tomatoes
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry thawed out
- 2 red onions
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Knob of butter
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Sesame seeds
- Black nigella seeds (if you can’t find black nigella seeds, these can be left out)
- Dash of milk
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 bunch mint leaves
- 1/3 bunch parsley leaves and storks
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1-2 burrata cheese balls
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- Cracked pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- Line a rectangle baking tray with baking paper and place the puff pastry sheet on top.
- Warm up a heavy base fry pan.
- Thinly slice the red onions into half moons. Add a knob of butter to the heated fry pan. Allow it to melt before adding the red onions. Stir with a spatula while sweating the onions down. Once the onions become transparent add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and stir through. Once the onions and balsamic vinegar are caramelised, remove from heat.
- Spoon the caramelised onions over the puff pastry leaving a 5cm border around the edge.
- Thinly slice the truss tomatoes and layer them over the onions followed by a the dried oregano and sea salt.
- Fold the puff pastry border inwards over the top of the tomatoes. Using a pastry brush, brush the pastry with a dash of milk and sprinkle over the sesame and nigella seeds. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- While the tart is baking the herb sauce can be made: combine all of the herb sauce ingredients into a small food processor. Blitz until it comes together into a smooth consistency. Add further olive oil or lemon juice if it is needed.
- Once the tart is cooked to golden and crispy remove from the oven.
- Serve straight away with the burrata cheese ripped apart with a drizzle of olive oil over the top and a good pinch of cracked pepper.
- Spoon the herb sauce over the top along with a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts and fresh oregano leaves.