Truss Tomato Foccacia
- 3-4 Truss Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 7g dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1/2 tsp sugar or honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, stems removed
- 5-6 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Pepper to taste
- Place warm water, sugar and yeast into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Combine and set aside for 5 minutes until frothy.
- In a fry pan, gently heat olive oil with rosemary, thyme, pepper and garlic for 5 or so minutes until fragrant and garlic is beginning to brown. Set aside.
- Add flour and ½ of the infused olive oil to the yeast mixture. Knead on medium speed for 3-4 minutes until the dough is fairly smooth. Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover with cling film and set aside for an hour until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Turn dough out and place into a lined brownie pan (30cm x 20cm approx.) Stretch the dough out with your fingers, dimpling the dough. Brush over the remaining infused olive oil. Set aside to rise for 20 minutes. Then bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the focaccia out of the oven and add tomato slices and season with salt. Return to oven for 20 minutes or until golden, and hollow-sounding when you tap the crust.
- Cool slightly, then slice and serve.
Recipe by Naturally Nutritious