Truss Tomato & Zucchini Tart
- 5 Truss Tomatoes
- 500g zucchini
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup feta
- handful fresh basil leaves, to serve
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 – 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the minced garlic, finely chopped basil, and olive oil in a food processor and blend into a flavoured oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the zucchinis into 1/8 inch slices and Truss Tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Place on a layer of paper towels to soak up any excess moisture and set aside.
- Press pastry into a large tart tin and brush lightly with basil-garlic oil. Sprinkle on all of the parmesan cheese.
- Starting on the outside edge, layer the zucchini and Truss Tomato slices alternately in a circular pattern – be sure to tightly layer them against each other as they will shrink once baked). Try to leave the bigger slices on the outside and small slices for the inner circles. Continue until the entire tart shell is filled.
- Brush vegetables generously with basil-garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 200°C for 30-45 minutes, or until the Truss Tomatoes and zucchini are soft and lightly caramelised.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and fresh basil, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Glasshouse good, all year round