- 500g (4 medium) Truss Tomatoes, chopped
- 200g (3 cups) Broccolini, chopped
- 285g (1 small) Leek, trimmed, quartered lengthways, washed, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 500g beef mince
- 260g (2 medium) carrots, diced
- 200g mushrooms, diced
- 400g (2 medium) zucchini, diced
- 150g (2 medium) eggplant, diced
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 500g tortellini
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic. Sauté until soft. Add tomato paste and cook stirring for 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Add beef mince, stir to break up the lumps and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the vegetables, cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until just softened. Add the passata, bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20-30 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following the packet directions until al dente. Drain and return to hot pan. Add Bolognese, season and stir to combine. Stir in the basil and parmesan. Serve.
Glasshouse good, all year round