Australian Truss Tomato, Halloumi and Basil Stack
- 4 Australian truss tomatoes
- 200g halloumi cheese
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil for cooking
Green herb sauce
- 1/3 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves and storks
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine all of the green herb sauce ingredients into a small food processor. Blitz until it comes together into a smooth consistency. Add further olive oil or lemon juice if it is needed.
- Warm up a heavy base fry pan to medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Slice the halloumi cheese into 0.8cm wide slices and place on the heated fry pan. Allow to cook until lightly golden then flip over with a spatula and cook the other side until also lightly golden (1-2 minutes). Remove from the heat and repeat the process until all the halloumi is cooked.
- Thinly slice the Australian truss tomatoes.
- Arrange one or 2 slices of truss tomatoes on a serving plate followed by a layer of halloumi, 1-2 fresh basil leaves and a good spoonful of the green herb sauce. Repeat the layers until you get to the very top layer then add an extra large spoonful of the green herb sauce followed by the top slice of the truss tomato to finish the stack off.
- Serve straight away.