Marinated Herb Australian Truss Tomato Salad
- 4-5 Australian truss tomatoes
For the herb marinating salsa:
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp capers (rinsed)
- 1/2 tbsp preserved lemon rind only (finely chopped)
- 1/4 red onion (very thinly sliced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cracked pepper
Optional: caper berries to serve
- Combine all the herb salsa ingredients into a small bowl, stir well to combine and set aside. The herb salsa can be made a few hours ahead of time.
- Thinly slice the Australian truss tomatoes and arrange on a large serving platter.
- Spoon the herb salsa over the top of the sliced truss tomatoes, and drizzle over any remanding liquid.
- Add a few caper berries to serve.