Tartines Roasted Truss Tomatoes & Mint Pesto
- 8 medium-sized Truss Tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thick slices wholemeal bread
- 1 garlic clove, left whole
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- small bunch mint
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g ricotta
- green salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 190°C or 170°C fan forced. Place the Truss Tomato slices in a roasting tin in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil, season well and roast for 20 mins. Set aside.
- Toast the bread, then rub with the garlic – save the clove for the pesto. Brush a bit more oil over the bread and put on 4 plates.
- Using a food processor, whizz together the pine nuts, mint, garlic, remaining oil and vinegar. Thickly spread the ricotta on the bread, then top with the roasted Truss Tomatoes and some mint pesto. Serve with a salad, if you like.
Glasshouse good, all year round