Truss Tomato Carpaccio with Summer Crunch Salad
- 4 Truss Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 x 400g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Basil leaves and micro-herbs
- Extra caramelised balsamic vinegar and olive oil, to drizzle
- Arrange the tomato slices on one or several platters.
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, caramelised balsamic vinegar, paprika, salt, chilli and lemon in a medium bowl. Toss and mix to coat evenly.
- Lightly toast the pepitas and pine nuts in a small dry frying pan.
- Spoon the chickpea mix over the tomato slices. Sprinkle with pepitas and pine nuts. Scatter basil leaves and micro-herbs. Finish with extra drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Cook Republic