Truss Tomato, Grilled Watermelon & Feta Salad
- 4 Truss Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4-pound) seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into 1/2″-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces feta, thinly sliced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat or heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high; oil grate or pan.
- Using a 2″ diameter ring cutter or thin drinking glass, cut watermelon into circles; you should have 20–22 pieces (reserve scraps for another use). Season watermelon on both sides with 1/2 tsp. salt. Grill watermelon until well charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside until cool to the touch, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss Truss Tomatoes, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a large bowl.
- Layer watermelon, truss tomato mixture, and cheese in alternating layers on a platter, draining any extra liquid from Truss Tomatoes before using. Drizzle with oil, season with pepper, and serve.
Glasshouse good, all year round